BCFA's hard-working board relies on the efforts of its equally hard-working committees to manage the many facets of our initiatives, from our engaging programs to the Wrightstown Farmers Market and our Buy Fresh Buy Local® Bucks County chapter.
We introduce you to our committees so you get to know us better — and the work we all do on behalf of consumers and producers in our community. We also want to invite you to join us on any committee and share your experience and passion.
Read below to learn more about are committees. Interested in signing up for a committee? Fill out our committee volunteer form.
For more information about participating on a committee or lending your expertise in some other way, please contact our Admin or phone 215.348.8152. Thank you.
Board Development [Board Governance, formerly Nominating] Responsible for board policy and committee structure, succession planning for board officers, nominating new board members and ensuring board diversity, overseeing board self-assessment, board education, new member orientation, annual review of bylaws, board participation overview.
Development, with subcommittees for:
- Fundraising Responsible for fundraising events planning and execution
- Annual Appeal Responsible for Annual ‘Sustaining Membership’ Campaign, annual event for sustaining members and/or other sustaining member recognition
Market, with subcommittees for
- Events Responsible for demos, music and activities at the Wrightstown Farmers Market each week
- Oversight Responsible for overseeing operation of Wrightstown Farmers Market, coordinating with and, when appropriate or necessary, representing and advocating for Bucks County’s other farmers’ markets especially with Dept of Health
Membership Responsible for Annual Spring Membership Campaign, membership benefits package, overseeing communications with members, member database, year-round member appeal, Autumn Potluck event for members and/or other member recognition.
Programs Responsible for planning and overseeing monthly educational and awareness events and workshops, assisting with Fundraising events and with recognition events for members and sustaining members.
Buy Fresh Buy Local Responsible for overseeing Bucks County chapter of FoodRoutes’ Buy Fresh Buy Local® program: fundraising and sponsor development, signing up Partners and delivering benefits package, maintaining website, studying and recommending next steps for operating the chapter.
Other skills/tasks/responsibilities that the board may need specialized services to enable, such as:
- Business partnerships Assistance in pursuing and developing working associations with businesses, organizations and programs, such as with Doylestown Food Co-op, Rolling Harvest Food Rescue, Delaware Valley College, Heritage Conservancy and Hunger Nutrition Coalition, that align with our mission and goals; we will likewise assist in promoting those organizations’ initiatives.
- Grant Writing Researching grants, writing proposals, administering grants received and reporting back to board and granting organizations
- Volunteers List of those who’ve indicated they want to volunteer, list of needs volunteers can fill, recognizing volunteer service, recording volunteer hours
- Graphic Design Professional-level expertise with website design & implementation as well as design of marketing materials